Applications due 07/08/18
Rice University Women’s Swim team and RICE Aquatics (RICE) is seeking a Volunteer Assistant Swim Coach with the collegiate team and Full Time Lead Coach to work with our competitive age group program. This coach would be an integral part in our missions to provide professional coaching while emphasizing: individual and team growth, healthy lifestyle and values of swimming as a lifelong sport. Rice University is a private and prestigious university sponsoring a nationally competitive NCAA Division I women’s swimming program and RICE is a coach-owned club training year round out of Rice University’s 50m x 25yd outdoor facility in the heart of Houston TX. RICE has a 200 + Age Group/Senior program and a 100 strong USMS program that serves the surrounding “inner loop” of Houston.
- 2 + years coaching experience and/or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level
- Current USA Swimming membership or must be able to pass/obtain all membership requirements for USA Swimming Non-Athlete Membership
- Strong administrative, communication and organizational skills with swimmers and parents
- Desire and passion for developing swimmers of all ages
- Understanding of Microsoft Office, Team Unify and various social media platforms for promoting team communication and publicity
- Work closely with Head Coaches on promoting, supporting and growing the team mission and vision.
- Design, plan, and implement a season/monthly/weekly and daily practice plan for groups.
- Work in partnership with Head Coach and Lead coaches to ensure progression and development of all swimmers.
- Provide consistent communication to the membership/groups in the forms of emails, meetings, newsletters and one on ones.
- Attending and providing meet coverage for the program as whole.
- Participate in weekly/monthly staff meetings, team building and/or activities.
- Promote a passion for the sport of swimming from novice to adult
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated team player
- Assist with all tasks associated with NCAA Division I swimming program; day to day on deck coaching, on campus recruiting, understand and adhere to NCAA compliance guidelines
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume and references to [email protected]