Location: 415 South Street, Waltham, MA, USA
Brandeis University is looking to hire a full time swim coach to administer all aspects of the NCAA Division III men’s and women’s swimming and diving program competing in the University Athletic Association (UAA).
This person is in charge of specifically planning and implementing a training schedule, daily practices, meetings, coaching, recruiting, home meet management, travel management, attending division, department and UAA meetings, and program fund raising. They will additionally teach physical education classes as assigned.
- Coaches student-athletics in the sport of swimming and diving including directing a daily training and practice schedule to prepare for competition.
- Coordinates practice times with the department’s administration.
- Responsible for planning all in-season practice sessions and developing off-season training schedule and program.
- Directs all meet coaching at home and on the road including managing team travel details while traveling.
- Directs the student-athletics recruitment effort of the swimming and diving program including, evaluating prospective athletes and generating applications to the University.
- Responsible for annually recruiting an incoming class of swimming and diving student- athletes that contribute to the success of the team and to the University community at large.
- Advises swimming and diving student-athletes in areas of academic, disciplinary and personal matters as appropriate.
- Coordinates fund raising and alumni relations activities for the swimming and diving program including an annual alumni meet and annual team fund raisers.
- Promotes the program on campus and within the community.
- Teaches physical education classes within the University’s degree required physical education program including maintaining current certifications when applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree required, masters preferred.
- Experience coaching at the collegiate level required.
- CSCA level 3 and/or ASCA level 3 certification required.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations and understanding of the Division III student-athlete philosophy.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively and develop rapport with the students, staff, parents and community members.
- 3-5 years of total work related experience, with 1-3 years of supervisory/management experience.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter and resume as a single document at
http://www.brandeis.edu/humanresources/jobs/external.html. Elect option for “New Applicant”. Sort the job listing by clicking the Job ID column heading. Locate the desired job listing. Click the job title and then Apply Now.
415 South Street