Location: Chesterfield, MO, USA
Job Description – Parkway Swim Club Head Developmental Coach
We are looking to hire a qualified individual for the full-time position of Head Developmental Coach. This individual will work with our head age group coach and head coach in continued development of our age group program. This person will work specifically with the 12-under program. This position requires a candidate with strong administrative, communication and people skills.
- Work under the direction of the head age group coach, leading the age group program (working specifically with the beginning age groups)
- Coach on deck, 5 evening practices, and Saturday morning during school year.
- Coach on deck, 2-3 middle of the day practices during the summer and 4-5 evening practices
- Coach on deck, 2-3 meets/month
- Perform administrative functions including, but not limited to, swim meet entries, parent and athlete meetings, tracking attendance, merchandising, meet management, newsletter/website/social media content, and managing team statistics
- Attend team functions and team-building activities.
Specific Group Responsibilities
- Directly coach the Red, White, and Blue beginning age groups in our age group program.
- Bridge communication between other age group coaches and help continue to develop a strong age group program.
- High School Diploma
- Current coaching membership in good standing with USA Swimming
- Ability to pass all necessary background checks
- Current Red Cross CPR/AED/First Aid/Lifeguard Certifications, Safety Training for Coaches
- Ability to perform water rescue
- Experience with Hy-Tek Team Manager and Meet Manager, Team Unify, and Microsoft Office and Excel
- Minimum 2-3 years prior coaching experience
- Experience working with swimmers of all ages and abilities
- Experience working effectively with swim parents & assistant coaches
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university
- ASCA Level 2 certification
Physical Characteristics & Work Environment
- Indoor pool, occasional outdoor pool, and open water work environment
- Regular exposure to fumes, odors, humidity, and heat
- Occasional exposure to cold and rainy environments
- Ability to operate pool and instructional equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate with coaches, parents and swimmers
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling heavy objects as assigned
Application deadline will be June 21, 2019. We anticipate hiring by July 1st, to start when SCY season starts in mid-August. We will bring in qualified applicants as we receive resumes.
- This is a year-round, 40 hour full-time position. Pay will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Employee is hired through the school district, and receive full benefits and retirement.
- Employee will receive comp time for swim meet weekends going over 40 hours per week.
- Coach apparel
- Reimbursement for education, certifications & meet expenses
How to Apply
- If you are interested in this position, please submit cover letter (one page) and resume to Jon David Williford, [email protected]. Please include in cover letter a little background about yourself and philosophy on coaching.
ISC - Parkway Swim Club
12657 Fee Fee Rd
St Louis, MO 63146