Date posted: December 7, 2021
Location: 500 Walnut Ave, Walnut Creek, CA, USA
· Displays knowledge of basics of swimming and teaches proper technique, strokes, starts and turns during practices and meets.
· Is an active coach and teacher, who walks the deck during practice, talks to the swimmers during practice, gets in the water and demonstrates proper technique as needed. Provides individual attention to swimmers as needed.
· Knowledge of USA Swimming Rules and Diablo Community Swim League (DCSL) rules.
· Responsible for managing and developing Assistant Coaches and Jr. Coaches.
· Holds regular meetings with coaches to disseminate vision and direction and provide feedback.
· Effectively communicates knowledge of technique to improve swimmer’s abilities.
· Is proactive in addressing all individuals’ strengths and weaknesses. Provides both positive and constructive feedback.
· Actively communicates with Directors on an ongoing basis as issues arise.
· Consistently displays positive attitude on deck, teaches with energy and shows enthusiasm for the sport and team.
· Is actively involved in developing ways to enhance the teamwork and spirit of the team.
· Works well with others on coaching staff and team. Treats all kids and parents fairly and equally.
· Responsible for seeding meets several days in advance of meets and interfacing with computer entry individuals to ensure meets are entered properly.
· Responsible for posting lane sheets, meet results, top times and Swimmer of the Week on team website.
· In conjunction with Board of Directors, responsible for planning and coordinating age group outings and other swim team social activities.
· Attends regular monthly Board meetings and provides input on overall team operations and issues relating to coaches and swimmers.
· Conducts self in professional manner and treats others with respect at all times.
· Attends all practices, meets, invitationals and outings unless prior arrangements have been made with the Directors.
· Encouraged (not required) to spend time with and engage in activities with parents. We have some great families!
How to Apply
Email your interest to [email protected]