Applications due 08/01/14
Oversee program of 300 competitive swimmers/ 200 non-competitive learn to swim athletes; design and administer a world class competitive swim program which meets the needs of the novice competitive swimmer up to the elite competitive swimmer. Parkway Swim Club is a consistent top performer at the Ozark LSC and Region VIII level as well as a perennial USA Swimming Club Excellence medal winner.
Responsibilities for the position include
- Training the National group of approximately 24 – 35 swimmers.
- Select, develop, supervise and motivate qualified assistant coaches to ensure the development of swimmers (at all levels of the program) reach their potential as excellent athletes.
- Manage administrative tasks/duties for coaching staff.
- Oversee a budget that meets the school district’s goals of being self-sustaining.
- Provides for a successful competitive swim program in performance and growth for the community.
- Assist the Booster Board with activities; and actively participate in the local /national swim committees of U.S.A swimming.
Salary is extremely competitive and based on the coaching experience and includes full medical & dental benefits, as well as retirement, additional compensation for relocation, reimbursement for coach education and travel to meets.
* Minimum ASCA Level 4 or higher, current member in good standing with USA Swimming
* 10 years coaching experience preferred as Head Coach or Head Age Group Coach
* Strong track record as an outstanding technical swim coach with strong leadership skills
* Dedicated to excellence at ALL levels, excellent communicator, and outstanding track record of mentoring, training and placing staff
* Proven problem solver
* Pass appropriate background checks (USA Swimming and school district), CPR, First Aid and Coaches Safety training
How to Apply
Send resume and list of references by email to Thom Bick at [email protected] 314-415-6945.