Applications due 06/30/19
HEAD COACH, Full Time – $42,500 – $50,000 / Year
The Belmont Aquatic Team is seeking experienced and enthusiastic coaching candidates for our full time (20-40 hours/week) head coach position. (Must be available most weekdays from 3:30pm on).
Our mission is to teach, train and help swimmers, of all levels, realize their highest potential. We foster and value dedication, hard work, team pride and friendships, physical and mental well-being and individual growth and progress towards excellence both in the pool and in life beyond.
Head Coach duties include, but are not limited to:
- Leading by example, building a successful team and a positive swim culture.
- The development, implementation, and refinement of a complete, contemporary, season-long swim programs, with corresponding drylands.
- Attending, overseeing and participating in at least 6 regularly scheduled weekly team practices.
- Attending and coaching all age groups at all Team meets, regularly providing feedback and constructive criticism to BAT swimmers.
- Teaching,mentoring, and motivating swimmers to reach their highest potential both in the pool, and out.
- Continually work toward improving each swimmer’s technique, providing effective motivation and a positive attitude and relationship with each swimmer.
- Overseeing, along with the coaching staff, individual goal setting and twice annual (Short Course and Long Course) report cards for each BAT swimmer.
- Developing, training, and mentoring 3 additional assistant coaches to ensure a reliable, cohesive and positive coaching environment with an emphasis on teamwork and personal growth. Oversee and approve of coach scheduling and recruiting, as required to ensure continuity and coaching quality.
- Working effectively with the BAT Board of Directors to promote the overall goals of the Team.
- Being highly visible, approachable and regularly and professionally communicative, both verbally and in written form to swimmers, their parents, coaching staff, Board Members, and other team’s staff and meet officials as needed.
- Conducting an annual seasonal swim clinic for beginners.
- Regularly attend and participate in Board meetings and team social events and activities.
- A willingness to participate in fundraising activities and events.
Ideal Candidate Has:
- 5 years minimum of coaching experience at a competitive swim team.
- A passion for the sport and thorough mastery of swim stroke mechanics and current coaching techniques.
- ASCA Level 3 Certification.
- Personal experience in competitive swimming at the High School, Club levels, and beyond.
- Experience with both social Media Tools, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and familiarity with Team Unify Software, including Meet entry, Calendar, General Communications and overall team administration.
- Excellent written and communication skills with experience with google docs, sheets and email.
- High level of maturity, patience, and dependability while working with swimmers of all ages and abilities.
- USA member Swim Coach in Good Standing
- All appropriate & valid licenses/Certifications/Registrations for USA Swimming and swimmer safety.
$42,500 – $50,000 per year full time salary. 4-6 Planned, paid vacation weeks corresponding with seasonal schedule. All certification/education costs to be reimbursed by BAT.
How to Apply
Send updated resume, with at least 2 swim coaching references to us at [email protected]
BAT is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion or sexual preference
Contact InformationP.O. Box 294
Belmont, MA 02478
phone: 617 270-5667
fax: 617 374-6002