Applications due 11/09/18
Location: Clermont, FL, USA
The Head Swim Coach (Age Group) will lead, design and foster systematic growth from the youngest novices to the Advanced Age Group level programs while working within the Team Mission, Vision, and Values of the National Training Center Aquatics swim team.
- Coaches swim team members in competitive swimming and strength development techniques.
- Focuses on developing swimmers of all ages.
- Assists with other swim team member duties as necessary.
- Abides by the USA Swimming Code of Conduct and Florida Swimming policies and procedures throughout all instruction.
- Plan, prepare and conduct team practices in accordance with the Head Coach.
- Assist Head Coach with planning seasonal practice and meet schedules.
- Exemplify the structure, philosophy and direction of the NTCA Swim Team program.
- Supports collaborative relationships with community organizations. Establish a local presence and reputation within Florida Swimming LSC, Central Florida via clinics and volunteering.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication and motivation skills with children, taking into consideration varied social, emotional and physical attributes, possess an attitude of inclusion and team building.
- Responds to swimmer, parents and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner and demonstrates strong administrative, communication and organizational skills.
- Coordinate and develop group goals and curriculum.
- Evaluate individual swimmers performance in meets and re-evaluate training/goals for group/individuals accordingly and maintain up-to-date performance reports on age group athletes.
- Assist with team tryouts and swimmer assessments for group placement.
- Attend all scheduled swim meets, meetings, and team functions as required.
- Plans, writes and conducts three to four hours per day of on-deck coaching, to include early morning, evening and weekend hours.
- Coordinate online meet entries (Team Unify) for all age group meets.
- Coordinate with other coaches to ensure a seamless transition when swimmers advance to the next group.
- Understanding of various social media platforms for promoting team communication.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information, including: creation and production of materials
- Establish and maintain social media platforms, team website, meet management and team management software programs.
- Writes newspaper articles for website, social media, and print as a subject matter expert to help promote team.
- Promotes fundraising and membership, in accordance with team’s strategic plan and hospital policy.
- Maintains records, rosters, spreadsheets, coach’s certifications, and record board and meet participation
- Work with dryland coach to design and implement seasonal strength plans for all NTCA age group athletes.
- Responsible for effectively assessing swimmers and communicating group movement throughout the season.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Respects the rights and privacy of others and holds staff member information in strict confidence.
- Maintains regular attendance and complies with time and attendance policy and procedure.
- Adheres to South Lake Hospital’s policies and procedures; Mission, Vision and Values statements; Code of Conduct.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory standards including Federal, State, local and Joint Commission.
- Prioritizes workload to manage multiple priorities.
- Uses problem-solving skills to meet goals.
- Enhances professional growth by participating in educational programs, current literature and/or workshops.
Other Related Functions
- Secondary areas of responsibility are teaching private competitive swim lessons.
- Assist in locker room management during peak pool usage times.
- Plan and execute team-building and social functions.
- Contribute to content of NTCA team newsletter
- Collaborate with NTC Marketing Specialist to design all printed materials (i.e. brochures, flyers, Pulse newsletter, posters) related to department promotion; update supply of promotional materials throughout the club.
- Submit website updates to Head Coach for approval.
- Implement annual action plan for swim team program; set goals with Head Coach.
- Meet with Head Coach / Assistant Coaches weekly.
- Carry out facility operations, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
- Education/Training Bachelors’ degree required.
- Licensure/Certification Must have current CPR & First Aid Certification.
- Must pass a background check to work with children.
- Must possess a minimum of a current ASCA Level 2 certification and US Swim Certified Level 2 or higher.
- Current Lifeguard Certification from American Red Cross, Lifeguard Pro, YMCA or BSA preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ coaching experience.
- Working knowledge of Data Trak, Hy-Tek, Team Unify and Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) preferred.
NTCA is owned by South Lake Hopsital/Orlando Health. You can apply online to the position by going to https://www.southlakehospital.
GO DIRECTLY TO THE POSITION HERE: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1149851&d=External#/
How to Apply
NTCA is owned by South Lake Hospital/Orlando Health. You can apply online to the position by going to https://www.southlakehospital.com/south-lake-careers
More specifically this link should take you directly to the position. https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1149851&d=External#/
1935 Don Wickham Drive.
Clermont, Florida 34711
phone: 352-241-7144 ext 4248