Applications due 05/30/14
The Greensboro Aquatic Center has an opening for a Position in the competitive Programming side.
Coliseum Events Coordinator (Aquatic Competitive) – Job #7709
Hiring Range: $31,962 – $38,354
Job Description:The Aquatic Competitive Coordinator would serve as the main contact for the Greensboro Aquatic Center swimming and diving pools use in accordance with established contracts and facility rentals to ensure capacity usage. The person will maintain daily operational and event specific staffing of the competition and dive Pools, arrange lane rental assignments and billing, produce weekly schedule of use including bulkhead configuration & lane changes. Oversee all Meet set ups, maintenance, training and operation of the Colorado Timing System 6 equipment and Serve as Manager on duty during meets. This person would work with meet hosts to ensure all technical aspects of meets are provided per governing body rules. Position works closely with the GAC Event Coordinator & Program Coordinator to book, schedule and communicate competitive use in conjunction with other programs, activities and lap swimming at the GAC. Position also monitors event staff hours, tracks and reports on meet labor and facility rental charges. This job is Exempt and is not subject to the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
List each qualification applicants must have to perform the job (or be able to attain within a specified time, e.g. licensure). These qualifications will be used by the Employment staff as guidelines to determine qualified versus non-qualified candidates.
1. Bachelors Degree
2. At least four years of aquatic work related experience.
3. At least two years experience with Colorado Timing System equipment and operation.
4. Experience conducting USA swimming or diving national and/or NCAA swimming and diving events.
5. Experience with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
6. American Red Cross (ARC) First Aid & CPR for the Professional Rescuer (or must be able to obtain First Aid & CPR within 6 months)
List qualifications that are not required, but are “nice to have” (e.g., the ideal candidate). These qualifications identify preferred candidates over those who just meet minimums and must be reflected on the application.
1. Considerable knowledge and experience with Hytek and Dive Meet .com administrative software.
2. Daktronics Timing Equipment and Scoreboard operation experience.
3. Able to make minor repairs to Colorado Timing System 6 Equipment – (In-Deck wiring, speakers, buttons.
4. Network to computer hardware and software integration experience.
5. Activenet Software experience or other booking software.
6. ARC Lifeguard & LG Instructor
To apply for this position:
Under Jobs selection you will also see Applying to the City of Greensboro and when you open it brings up copy of application. Application indicates the mailing and emailing address.
When job is posted you can select full time and it will give you a listing of current full time openings, select job title and it will give you posting information (job description)
How to Apply
To apply for this position: http://www.greensboro-nc.gov/gsohr/ Under Jobs selection you will also see Applying to the City of Greensboro and when you open it brings up copy of application. Application indicates the mailing and emailing address. When job is posted you can select full time and it will give you a listing of current full time openings, select job title and it will give you posting information (job description)
1921 W Lee St, Greensboro, NC 27403