Date posted: May 26, 2021
Location: 235 Wellesley Street, Weston, MA, USA
The Graduate Intern for Men’s and Women’s Swimming is a 10-month, 35-hour/week position starting in August 2021 that supports the work of the men’s and women’s swimming programs and the Department of Athletics. The Graduate Intern will focus on responsibilities that include but are not limited to: coaching/teaching, recruiting, team travel, weekly practice/training sessions, community service, academic enrichment, counseling of students, and other duties assigned by the Athletics administration. The Graduate Intern will be in compliance with NCAA, Conference, and University rules and regulations.
- Assist the Head Coach with the recruitment of student athletes, the organization and administration of the competitive program (including attendance at all practices and matches), and with any video editing/exchange needs.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a comprehensive fundraising program to raise funds necessary to offset expenses associated with non-budgeted expenses and training trips as appropriate.
- Organize community service projects for the team members to complete per the mission of the NCAA, the Regis Athletic Department and Regis College.
- Assist in the implementation and supervision of team-specific academic enrichment programming
- Evidence a thorough understanding of the rules and regulations governing the specific sport competition at the collegiate level, and adhere to the rules and standards established by Regis College, the Great Northeast Athletic Conference, the ECAC and the NCAA (Division III).
- Participate in Athletic Department staff meetings, functions and other duties as assigned by the Head Coach or Athletics administration.
Department of Athletics Responsibilities
- Serve as a member of the intern on-call (IOC) rotation in the event of a university closure.
- This position may provide support and supervision to undergraduate work-study students.
- Bachelor’s degree and admission to one of Regis College’s graduate programs.
- Prior successful playing or coaching experience at the college level preferred; significant successful high school or club experience considered.
- Ability to uphold the University’s commitment to inclusive excellence in a diverse educational community.
- A positive attitude and an understanding of the importance of being open-minded and flexible.
- Excellent communication, computer literacy and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work a flexible and irregular schedule as a team member or independently.
- Ability to problem solve, prioritize and complete multiple tasks within an established deadline while carefully attending to detail.
- Appropriate certifications in First Aid / CPR and AED are required within an appropriate time of hire and must be completed (per NCAA regulations) before the beginning of the competitive season.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
Stipend & Benefits
- $4,000 stipend (paid over 10 months).
- Free room and full meal plan during the 10-month duration.
- Tuition remission for two (2) eligible Regis graduate courses/semester, with a maximum of six graduate courses (18 credits) per academic year.
- The following campus-based programs are eligible for tuition remission: 30 credits of MA in Strategic Communication, 60 credits of MA in Counseling (24 credits are not covered by tuition remission. The supervised field experience must be completed after the graduate intern role is complete.), and 33 credits of MS in Health Administration.
- The following fully online programs quality for tuition remission on a space-available basis: 36 credits of MEd in Student Success, 39 credits of MS in Accountancy (3 credits are not covered by tuition remission.), 42 credits of Master of Public Health (6 credits are not covered by tuition remission.), and 30 credits of Master of Social Work.
- Courses in the graduate Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Applied Behavioral Analysis, and Doctor of Education programs are not eligible for tuition remission.
- Training and professional development opportunities.
- Flexible schedule.
NOTE: This is a 10-month position, with the opportunity to continue the position for one additional 10-month term (20-month maximum).
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Conditions include a normal office environment, not subject to extremes in temperature, noise, odors, etc.
- Some evening and weekend work is to be expected.
- May spend extended periods at terminal, on telephone, or operating other office machines, requiring eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.
In employment, as in education, Regis College is committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action. Regis does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran’s status, membership in uniformed services or any other protected status.
How to Apply
Apply online: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=79484&clientkey=6E871BCB0EFD76A7A4C5061C331B232C
235 Wellesley Street, Weston, MA. 02493