Applications due 12/31/17
The Black Hawk Area Swim Team is looking to hire a Full Time Senior Coach with the possibility of advancement. The coach would lead, design, and foster systematic growth for our Senior swimmers while in line with the BLAST Mission Statement/Vision/Values (see website). BLAST trained 220 swimmers last winter and our numbers continue to rise. We currently have 1 Junior National qualifier, 4 Futures qualifiers, and 16 Sectional qualifiers at the senior level.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices with knowledge of stroke/skill technique in accordance with the Head Coach/Program Director and Senior Coaching staff.
- Abide by the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and BLAST policies and procedures.
- 5+ years swim coaching experience and current swim coaching certification.
- Establish a local presence and reputation within ISI, the Central Region, and USA Swimming via clinics, volunteering, etc.
- Plan and execute team-building and social functions.
- Current certification in CPR, First Aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches.
Ideal Candidate possesses:
- Proven success coaching all levels.
- Strong core values that include respect, trust, and integrity.
- Cooperative and respectful communication style with swimmers, parents, and co-workers.
- Capability to develop talent at all levels.
- Desire to increase the number of athletes who swim into their high school and collegiate years and increase the number of athletes who qualify for championship opportunities.
- Ability and desire to develop into a Head Coach/Program Director.
- Knowledge of programs including Hy-Tek, Meet Manager, Team Unify, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Current ASCA Membership.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Head Coach/Program Director in all areas as/where needed, when necessary.
- Submit all written practices to Head Coach/Program Director.
- Coach all Senior group members (or others designated) at all meets.
- Maintain and pursue continuing education related to all athletes at his/her level about proper stroke technique.
- Responsible for implementing/enforcing any and all rules or guidelines as outlined in the Team Handbook.
- Ensure proper communication pertaining to Senior groups and parents including weekly group communications.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Determine Senior group members’ events for meet entries and submit/approve entries by team’s registration deadline.
- Must be able to show unwavering support and the belief in program structure as a whole, the philosophies of the Head Coach/Program Director, and be willing to assist in all areas whenever appropriate.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
How to Apply
How to apply:
Send resume with at least three references along with salary requirements to Jennifer Murra at [email protected]
4222 Veralta Drive
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613