Applications due 07/15/18
The FISH is expanding its program further south into the beautiful state-of-the-art Jeff Rouse Swim & Sport Center in Stafford, Virginia – and we are looking for a full-time coach to lead the new site. Located about an hour south of Washington D.C., Stafford is a growing area with a lot of opportunity and potential. As we are developing the program in a new area, we are looking for someone who is energetic and passionate about the sport, someone who is dynamic and willing to learn, and someone who has a proven record of developing and inspiring swimmers to succeed.
Job Tasks Include:
- Plan and conduct swim practices in accordance with the Head Coach and other coaching staff.
- Attending scheduled USA swim meets, as well as assist with FISH-hosted meets, eventually as Meet Director.
- Recruitment of new swimmers, including conducting summer stroke clinics at several pools in the area.
- Administrative tasks such as meet entries, communications, newsletters, and updating The FISH website.
- Coaching Membership in good standing with USA swimming.
- Minimum 2+ years coaching experience, preferably at the Club level.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge of TeamUnify.
- Knowledge of Hy-Tek Meet Manager and Team Manager preferred.
- Ability to motivate and inspire swimmers of all ages and create a positive learning environment.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full time benefits include 50% payment toward health and dental plan, paid vacation and sick leave, cell phone, and payment for USA certifications, background checks, etc. We also offer many opportunities for coaching growth and development, including ASCA and ISCA clinics, traveling to high level meets, and training trips.
How to Apply
Please send resume to Managing Team Director Monika Paris at [email protected].