Applications due 08/31/18
The YMCA of Central Florida (YCF) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Head Age Group Coach. This will be a leadership role within our six county, multi-site age group swim program. This position reports directly to the Director of Competitive Swimming and will be primarily located at the Rosen YMCA Aquatic Center in Orlando, Florida.
-Work with Director of Competitive Swimming to design quadrennial and seasonal plans for Age Group and Developmental programs.
-Assist with planning meet schedules and practice schedules.
-Demonstrate strong and reliable communication skills to parents and swimmers, including, but not limited to, meet deadlines and information meetings.
-Demonstrate professional and courteous communication skills when interacting with parents, coaches and facility staff members.
-Responsible for effectively assessing swimmers and communicating group moves.
-Mentor and manage all lead and assistant age group coaches.
-Work with Director of Competitive Swimming to conduct bi-monthly age group staff meetings.
-Schedule and perform all annual evaluations for age group staff.
-Maintain daily office hours in addition to coaching responsibilities.
-Must maintain all appropriate certifications.
-Help plan, develop and implement programs to market program into the community.
-Help maintain team records and prepare monthly reports regarding practice attendance, etc.
-Responsible for meet entry deadlines, posting meet information, and all age group entries.
-Four-year college degree
-Eight to ten years coaching experience with at least five years in a leadership role
-Have experience in dryland training for long-term athletic development
-Have a working knowledge of Hy-Tek software
-Must be current in all requirements to be a USA Swimming member coach.
-Must possess integrity, strong communication skills, and a passion to coach swimmers in a process first manner.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the Y of Central Florida provides an excellent working environment and great benefits, including:
- Affordable and quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options).
- Short Term and Long Term Disability provided at no cost to the employee.
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- Complementary YMCA membership for employee and household.
- Generous paid time off package.
- Career enrichment and advancement opportunities with an innovative and growing organization. The YMCA is one of the nation’s most valuable and recognized nonprofit brands.
- A challenging, fun and cause-driven work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals.
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
For more information about the Y of Central Florida please visit us at ymcacf.org.
How to Apply
Please send resume and three professional references to Director of Competitive Swimming, Alan Pfau at [email protected] and District Executive Director, Mike Brady at [email protected].