Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
FORM is a sports technology company with a simple mission: to break down the barriers between what swimming is and what it could be. We’re looking for a Field Marketing Representative to join our rapidly growing team.
At FORM, you’ll help us write the rulebook on augmented reality in a new market. You’ll have the freedom to shape your role, how you own it, and how you grow with us. You’ll get to wear many hats, to coach, and to learn. And you’ll be part of an amazing and diverse group of people who love to work and play together.
A Little Bit About Us
Founded in 2016 in Vancouver, Canada, FORM is the sports technology company behind the FORM Swim Goggles, a pair of premium swim goggles with a see-through, augmented-reality display that delivers performance metrics in real time.
Our founder and CEO, Dan Eisenhardt, swam competitively for 14 years before starting his career as a sports technology entrepreneur. His previous company, Recon Instruments, introduced the world’s first smart eyewear for sports in 2010 and was acquired by Intel in 2015. FORM employs many of the people from that original team, leveraging decades of combined expertise in sports-eyewear design, activity-tracking algorithms, and augmented-reality optics.
To learn more, visit www.formswim.com.
FORM is looking for outgoing individuals to be part of our events team. As a Field Marketing Representative, you will be responsible for owning on-site event activation at trade shows, conferences, and exhibitions. This is also a rare opportunity to help build the field marketing function for an exciting and innovative company that stands at the intersection of sports and technology. If you are looking to join a growing brand, be part of an exciting industry, and enjoy traveling, then we want to hear from you!
The role is an 8-month contract from April 1st to November 31st, 2020 based in the US and will require individuals to be available to travel in the US and work the majority of weekends during these 8 months. Successful candidates will first receive formal brand training at FORM’s headquarters in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
All travel expenses will be covered for events – including per-diem, hotel, flights, car rental, and any other business-related expenses. FORM offers competitive compensation and this role has the potential to move up into a full-time position within the company. A successful candidate for this role cannot represent other swim brands during the contract.
- Creatively find and tap into new and emerging field marketing opportunities
- Collaborate with industry partners to extend our brand presence and value proposition
- Coordinate with event organizers and federations to best execute FORM’s event strategy
- Own on-site activation of booth and related merchandising
- Create and deliver impactful product demos, educate consumers, and provide activation-specific incentives
- Collaborate with selected sales reps at events to promote the FORM brand
- When necessary, brief sponsored athletes about the company, our brand, the product, and FORM’s messaging
- Wear FORM product and gear during events, competitions, and training
- Manage all product sales and inventories for events
- Track all leads and connections to capture opportunities
- Document all events with regards to contacts captured, leads generated, lessons learned, common questions asked, concerns about the product, feature requests, etc.
- Track all leads and connections to capture future opportunities
- Prepare and lead post event recap meetings
- Manage event budgets and track all costs against budget forecast
- Readily use our product for testing
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Triathlon or swimming industry experience (as an athlete or for a company)
- Sales and budget management experience
- Outgoing and comfortable presenting to large groups
- Effective networking, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Able to work high-intensity, interactive, and engaging days at events
- Experience working in fast-paced and energetic environment
- A team player, able to effectively multitask and wear many hats
- Entrepreneurial spirit—self-starter and proactive
- Flexible and adaptable to rapidly changing business conditions and priorities
- Able to travel within the US and work most weekends
- US-based and must be legally able to work in the US
- Able to travel to FORM headquarters in Canada for training
- Valid passport and driver’s license
- All within the US and the longest event is 5 days, with an average of 3 to 4 days per event
- Must be available for the full 8 month contract and be available to work weekends as the majority of events are on weekends
- Expected number of events is approximately 25 events, or approximately 115 activation days
- Competitive Base + uncapped commission potential
- Performance-based compensation will be measured based on a combination of quantitative and qualitative metrics
How to Apply
Submit resume/cover letter to: [email protected].