The Enrollment Coach is responsible for a caseload of prospective students, applicants and newly admitted students. They will serve as the primary point of contact for students within their assigned territories. Position will travel extensively and represent Iowa Lakes Community College across the state of Iowa and surrounding states. Position includes all responsibilities associated with coaching men’s and women’s swimming at the collegiate level including recruitment, training, academic support and instilling sportsmanship. Promote fundraising, awarding scholarships, management of program budgets and promotion of current players to four year institutions.
| % of Time
| Essential Duties / Responsibilities
1. Responsible for converting prospective students from point of inquiry, through registration, to a motivated and confident new Iowa Lakes student.
2. Serve as the primary point of contact for prospective students and help them navigate through the enrollment process while maintaining a high level of customer service throughout all interactions.
3. Advise prospective students on suitable programs in accordance with their goals and experiences while effectively communicating program requirements.
4. Create and maintain an accurate roster logging all contacts with prospective students.
5. Attend college day/night fairs throughout the school year.
6. Travel extensively in assigned areas with overnight travel.
7. Collaborate as part of the team responsible for recruiting and enrolling Iowa Lakes students.
8. Manage, direct and supervise activities and personnel associated with Men’s & Women’s Swimming including recruitment and preparation of student-athletes for intercollegiate competition.
9. Monitor and nurture student-athletes’ academic progress at the college and assist with placement at four-year colleges and universities.
10. Comply with NJCAA and ICCAC regulations.
11. Communicate effectively with staff and students.
|1. Assist with Career Day, College Day, Laker Visit Days, First Day Activities, Clay County Fair and summer Orientation Days for new and prospective students.
2. Assist in hosting visitors to campus by responding to questions, giving college tours and providing college information.
3. Assist students with program, advisement and admissions questions.
4. Promote fundraising activities with students, staff and the general public.
5. Meet with students, as necessary, to resolve conflicts.
6. Assure adherence to all Iowa Lakes Community College policies and procedures.
7. Develop and maintain schedules associated with Men’s and Women’s Swimming.
8. Create, monitor, and adhere to approved swimming budgets.
||1. Serve on assigned and voluntary committees.
2. Participate in all required professional development activities.
3. Supervise the operation, maintenance and repair of equipment and facilities.
4. Prepare and submit required conference and state reports.
5. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of general admissions processes and procedures practiced by post-secondary educational institutions.
- Represent the College in a positive manner to employees, students, visitors and the general public.
- Must be enthusiastic and energetic in performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to assume responsibility, deal effectively with problems and exercise good judgment when making decisions.
- Ability to organize, multi-task and communicate effectively.
- Must be a self starter and have the ability to function under limited supervision.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer for word processing, database information, and the mainframe.
- Thorough knowledge of office procedures, telephone techniques and office equipment, as well as correct English usage, grammar, punctuation and arithmetic.
- Ability to read and understand written and oral instructions or communications.
- Ability to efficiently perform tasks in an environment of frequent interruptions.
Light to medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (10-33%). Stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, and carrying frequently (34-66%). Walking, lifting, grasping and repetitive motion frequently (34-66%). Talking, hearing, and viewing various types of close visual work constantly (67-100%). Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and provide proof of insurance. Required to travel utilizing personal vehicle.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in related area required; Master’s Degree preferred. Possess excellent people skills and a thorough understanding of Iowa Lakes Community College and our role in the state educational system. Possess adequate computer skills and personal vehicle for extensive travel. Three years’ experience in student personnel area desired. Three years experience as Head Swimming Coach or a combination of four years experience as a Head Coach and Assistant Coach desired. Coaching, teaching and student personnel experience at the college level preferred.
Salary: $41,615/220 day contract
Fringe Benefits: Paid medical leave, vacation, and holidays. Employee health, dental, and vision insurance. Partially funded family insurance available. Employee life and disability insurance. Employee retirement plan.
How to Apply
The following items must be included in your application packet before it will be considered a complete application:
- Employment Application form
- Applicant Confidential Information form (This data is used to comply with government required affirmative action record keeping only and is not used for applicant screening purposes.)
- A letter addressing your qualifications for the position
- A resume
- A copy of transcripts, with originals due upon hiring
Only complete application packets will be considered for the position vacancy.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Download application at www.iowalakes.edu/jobs. Contact Amanda Fuhrman at [email protected] or 712-362-0409 with questions. Iowa Lakes Community College, Human Resources Office, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334
Non-Discrimination/Equal Opportunity Statement– It is the policy of Iowa Lakes Community College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).A formal discrimination complaint process is published in the Student Handbook, Employee Handbook, and the Affirmative Action Plan of the College. If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Kathy Muller, Equity & Title IX Coordinator, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334, 712.362.0433, [email protected], or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576.
19 S 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334