Applications due 07/15/14
Columbia Swim Club (CSC) is seeking an outstanding, experienced Head Coach to join a vibrant coaching and training environment in Columbia, MO. Candidates must demonstrate: successful experience at multiple levels of coaching; a passion for the sport; the ability to communicate broadly within the Club; and positively represent the Club within the LSC and nationally. It is expected that the successful candidate will continue to grow and advance the Club, fostering an environment that develops all levels of swimmers, including at national levels. CSC, a member of the Missouri Valley LSC, is a successful and growing club, having been recognized by USA Swimming with Silver Medal Club and Level 3 Club status. Over 200 swimmers comprise the year-round club, training and racing at the state-of-the-art Mizzou Aquatic Center located at the University of Missouri. Salary and benefits package are highly competitive and Columbia, MO is consistently nationally ranked as one of the bes t Midwestern communities. The ideal candidate will be able to start August 15th, 2014.
This position is responsible for ensuring the overall integrity of the club, and reports to the CSC Board of Directors. This position is also the primary coach for the Senior group and provides oversight for all programs and staff. Columbia Swim Club creates opportunity for swimmers to merge passion and commitment with expertise resulting in the highest level of personal performance.
• Directs all aspects of the program
• Manages, motivates, & develops staff of full and part time coaches, & administrative personnel
• Coaches a minimum of one group
• Guides recruitment & retention of swimmers
• Works with Head Age Group and Head Developmental coaches to set training schedules, workout groups and criteria for advancement of all groups; coordinates stroke and training principles
• Mentors/monitors the lead coaches for the Age Group and Developmental programs
• Determines meet participation (including travel trips)
• Oversees parent education
• Provides college guidance to seniors
• Facilitates career growth for staff members
• Works with the Board of Directors to create & execute vision for the team’s growth and continuing success
• Assists with team budgeting
• Strong work ethic & passion for the sport required
• 7+ years coaching experience required
• 5+ years proven leadership/staff supervision preferred
• Proven coaching record with excellent swimmer progression/results
• Proven ability to mentor/ motivate staff to reach potential
• ASCA Level 4 or higher preferred
• Working knowledge of Team Unify & Hy-Tek TM required
• Microsoft Office proficiency required
• Current USA Swimming membership/certifications required
Columbia Swim Club is a member of the Missouri Valley LSC and is a successful and growing club, having been recognized by USA Swimming with Silver Medal Club and Level 3 Club status. Over 200 swimmers comprise the year-round club, training and racing at the state-of-the-art Mizzou Aquatic Center located at the University of Missouri. Salary and benefits package are highly competitive and Columbia, MO is consistently nationally ranked as one of the best Midwestern communities.
Like Columbia Swim Club on Facebook here.
How to Apply
Email a cover letter that explains coaching and managing philosophies to [email protected]