Bel Air Athletic Club Swim Team is searching for a talented & motivated individual to assist in our journey to the next level of success.
Our team of just over 100 swimmers, is located north of Baltimore in a large family-oriented fitness club. We have two 6-lane 25-yard pools and a smaller instructional pool. Our team is institution owned and run by the coaches to provide opportunities for swimmers of all levels.
We focus on IMX/IMReady & Fundamentals with long term development of our swimmers in mind.
High energy, creativity and a passion for the sport of swimming are requisite as well as excellent administrative capacities and great communication skills: swimmers, parents, peers.
In addition, we have the support of a non-profit parents booster club to provide us with funds for equipment and social activities to support our teams needs.
- Work with head coach on team and group goals and season as well as long term planning
- Lead Coaching our Auk (40+ swimmers w/2-3 other coaches) Group & other groups as needed.
- Being lead on team inquiries and scheduling placement sessions
- Plan and arrange for swim clinics and other aquatic related events
- In charge of team registrations and communication with MD Swimming in that regard
- Administrative Duties as Required (Team Unify, MS Office & general computer literacy helpful!) including meet entries, group emails, IMX tracking, etc.
- Experience educating, energizing & having fun with 12 & younger swimmers
- Always coaches from both ends of the pool to keep swimmers on their toes!
- ASCA level 2 (or equivalent preferred) or higher: at least USA Swimming 2nd year certified
- Capacity to take on the beginning of each season workload while maintaining training excellence.
- LGI a big plus (Lifeguard Instructor) as is swim lesson experience
Full time benefits include- health insurance, club membership, ASCA membership. Additional income opportunities for candidates interested in managing the swim school.
The position is available immediately for the right candidate but will consider later start dates for smooth transition from current situations.
How to Apply
Please include resume, cover letter and references
Send inquiries or resume to:
Peter Leib- Head Coach
Bel Air Athletic Club Swim Team
Bel Air Athletic Club
658 Boulton Street
Bel Air, MD 21014
410-838-2670 ext. 226