The Community YMCA Red Bank Swim Team is seeking a full-time Associate Head Coach for its year round competitive swim team of 335 swimmers at its Camp Zehnder/Wall facility located at the Jersey Shore in southern Monmouth County. Red Bank took 2ndplace at this summer’s 2017 YMCA Long Course National Championships and was the 2016 New Jersey YMCA State Champions. The Swim Team Associate Head Coach/Camp Zehnder Site Coach is responsible for the supervision and direction of a safe, positive and organized competitive swimming program in accordance with the YMCA of the USA and the Community YMCA that will support youth development in spirit, mind and body, strengthen family support and encourage social responsibility.
Salary Range of $42,500-47,500, plus benefits, 7% contribution to retirement.
Community Relations / Marketing
- Promote team in Southern Monmouth County
- Provide excellent member service
- Maintain positive communications between YMCA, coaches, and Swim Team Parents
- Create a positive program environment with encouragement, goal setting and positive reinforcement
- Support in all development of the swim team program while providing a program that is culturally balanced and fits the needs of the Southern Monmouth County Community.
- Present a professional image
- Assist in staff training, supervision, and development
- Maintain instructor level certification to assist in staff training (i.e. First Aid & CPR)
- Attend or Lead YMCA and Swim Team program meetings/trainings as needed or assigned
Program Development – Coaching
- Establish consistency throughout all areas of the program.
- Design and deliver practice sessions that teach competitive swimming stroke skills and train swimmers in preparation for competition
- Develop and run clinics in the off-season for high school swimmers.
- Coordinate with aquatic director about swim lessons and pre-teen programs. Assist in site operations.
- Attend all meets, including overnight travel.
- Manage and coach the summer swim team.
- Act as site supervisor when head coach is not on site.
- Lead coaching responsibilities for the site.
- Maintain rosters and attendance records for all age groups within the program
- Evaluate team members and record progress
- Attend and help facilitate parent meetings, competitions and team activities
- Maintain constant visual contact with all program participants
- Ensure safety of all participants
- Maintain swim team equipment, advise supervisor of equipment needs or hazards.
- Complete accident/incident reports as necessary
- Know, support and enforce The Community YMCA, Family Health and Wellness branch and program policies
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Minimum age of 21.
- BS Degree
- Incumbent should have a minimum of five years of competitive swimming coaching
- Must be knowledgeable in a variety of techniques; be flexible, patient, enthusiastic and well organized
- Ability to complete certifications in CPR, First Aid, Lifeguarding, Coaches Safety Training for Swim Coaches as well as Principles of YMCA Competitive Swimming & Diving within six months of employment.
Maintain the physical requirements necessary to maintain safety certifications. Must be able to stand or sit on the pool deck for up to four hours. Must be able to observe participants and communicate clearly.
Must be able to think in the abstract, solve problems, make decisions, instruct, evaluate and remember. Must be able to communicate clearly with both children and adults.
How to Apply
Apply for this job online
Email this job to a friend