Applications due 06/05/19
Location: 564 South Avenue, New Canaan, CT, USA
NEW CANAAN COMMUNITY YMCA
Position: Associate Competitive Swimming Director/Head Age Group Coach
Supervisor: Competitive Swimming Director
FLSA Code: Exempt
Under the direction of the Competitive Swimming Director, oversees and directs the 12 and under program as well as Pre-caiman and Pride. This includes maintaining a high level of communication with fellow coaches and swim team parents, running daily practices, planning events (competitive and social), completing swim meet entries, seasonal scheduling, planning program capacities, supervision of the 12 and Under program, supervision of assistant coaches and budget responsibilities. The Associate Competitive Swimming Director must be able to answer questions pertaining to all levels of the swim team and areas of the YMCA, assist with the operation of all home meets, as well as assist the Competitive Swimming Director in areas related to the swim team as needed. The ACSD will also assist with the senior and national team practices and administration.
Previous competitive coaching experience/participation is strongly recommended, as well as strong administrative, organizational, and computer skills. Knowledge of Hy-Tek swimming software is preferred. Certifications in the following safety areas: CPR for the Professional Rescuer/AED, Lifeguard Training or Safety Training for the Swim Coaches, and First Aid. Minimum ASCA level two certification recommended. Other certifications: YMCA Principles of Competitive Swimming and Diving and USA Swimming Foundations of Coaching. Must successfully complete and pass a USA swimming background check.
- Organize, oversee and run practices for the 12 and under program as well as pre-Caimans and Pride.
- Attend weekly coaches meetings.
- Report to the Competitive Swimming Director on matters relating to the Age Group program (i.e. assistant coaches, practice schedules, team development, etc.)
- Posting all fees as it relates to Team Unify.
- Assist in meet entry preparation and distribution of entries in a timely manner.
- Attend all meets scheduled for the age group program (12 and under), as well as other meets assigned by the Competitive Swimming Director especially all sessions of championship meets.
- Assist Lead Development Coach as needed.
- Assist all age group including senior levels and masters, as needed.
- Reply to phone messages and e-mails in a timely manner (next day or ASAP).
- Develop and assist with the distribution of the monthly newsletter.
- Assist in website development (photos, meet announcements, team information, etc.)
- Keep all required certifications up to date (CPR, Coaches Safety Training, First Aid).
- Correspond daily and weekly on matters pertaining swim team.
- Continue personal education related to the sport of swimming.
- Attend at least one professional coaching clinic per year.
- Attend online coaching clinics offered by USA Swimming.
- Attend the YMCA National Championships (Short and Long Course), as well as any other team travel event that requires an extended overnight stay.
- Assist Competitive Swimming Director in developing and maintaining team budget.
- Assist in the supervision and evaluation of part-time coaches.
- Attend all professional staff meetings to keep informed of all activities at the YMCA.
- Assist in all YMCA activities and special events, as needed, to ensure their success
- Perform other duties as designated by the supervisor.
- Job Description may be changed at any time by supervisor.
- Sufficient Strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position, and to supervise program activities
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, and talk.
- The employee may occasionally need to exercise these physical labor demands of light work, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally.
- While performing the duties of this job, this individual may occasionally be exposed to outdoor weather conditions, wet and/or humid environments, moderate/ extreme noise
EFFECT ON END RESULT
Assist in organizing, promoting, and developing an efficient and effective swim team program to encourage enjoyable youth participation and retention.
How to Apply
Email resume to [email protected]
564 South Ave
New Canaan, CT 06840