Location: 320 South Main Street, Olivet, MI, USA
Assistant Swimming and Diving Coach
Olivet College is announcing a search for a part time Assistant Swimming and Diving Coach with duties beginning August 1st, and finishing May 31st. Olivet College is located in south central Michigan in the town of Olivet, MI, which is a close knit, rural community offering quiet streets and natural surroundings, yet is not more than 30 minutes from the larger cities of Lansing and Battle Creek. Both are small enough to be friendly and large enough to boast many of the big city amenities.
Olivet College was founded in 1844 on the principle that the future of humanity rests in the hands, hearts and minds of those who will take responsibility for themselves and others in an increasingly diverse society. Open since its founding to all regardless of race, gender or ability to pay, Olivet College is one of the most diverse private liberal arts institutions in the state and actively seeks diversity in its students and employees.
The student body is composed of a strong mixture of first-generation, urban, rural and students from all socioeconomic backgrounds, with 50 percent qualifying annually for Federal Pell Grants. Olivet College faculty and staff are committed to providing personalized, individualized attention for students who seek academic and personal success. Olivet College competes in Division III of the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association, the oldest athletic conference in the nation.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in appropriate area of specialization
- Knowledge of NCAA, MIAA and institutional rules and regulations
- Previous successful coaching or participation experience at the college level
- Ability to work effectively with Head Swimming and Diving Coach
- Evening and weekend hours essential
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be cleared to drive college vehicles
- Two year commitment preferred
- Provide Head Coach with assistance in the areas of coaching and development of team, recruiting, academic monitoring of student-athletes and assisting with travel plans.
- Operate within the standards of Olivet College, the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
- Recruitment of student athletes who meet the College’s admission requirements. Meets annual recruitment goals as developed by the Director of Athletics
- Collaborates with the Sports Information Director and the Head Coach for the positive promotion of the Swimming and Diving program. Areas included should be individual and team statistics, media guides, reports to NCAA, MIAA, individual accolades on and off the field and Web Site updates
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach
Olivet College is an equal opportunity employer and takes affirmative steps to employ women and minorities.
How to Apply
To Apply: Click on this link: Career Center, select this position and then click on the “Apply” button. From here, follow the instructions for completing the profile, application and uploading your cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three references.