****************This position has been filled*******************
Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving Coach
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Department: PHYSICAL EDUCATION
Position Status: Administrative Exempt Positions
Responsible for assisting the Head Coach of Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving/Aquatics Director in all aspects of the swimming & diving program as well as the aquatics function for the department and university. Successful candidates will provide a positive educational environment which enhances the development of the whole student-athlete. Will assist in fundraising activities for the program and department including the hosting of swimming & diving events and rentals. Teach physical education courses.
• Assist the head coach/director in the leadership and direction of the program in the following areas: organize practice sessions; participate in the preparation of student-athletes for competition; supervision of student-athlete academic progress; provide positive guidance to students away from practice and competitions; and overall program development.
• Teach physical education courses.
• Help recruit prospective student-athletes committed to academic and athletic excellence.
• Establish and maintain a positive public relations image for the program, the department and WPI .
• Serve as a role model for student-athletes on campus and off campus.
• Develop good rapport and/or working relationship with students, department members, faculty and alumni.
• Adhere to WPI departmental, NCAA and university policies.
• Assist in all fundraising activities including hosting aquatic events.
• Assist director in all aspects of the aquatics operations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Previous coaching and teaching experience; competitive collegiate experience is strongly preferred.
• CPR certificate, first aid certificate preferred.
• Valid driver’s license
Posting Date: 06/04/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
Criminal Background Check Statement:
A pre-employment criminal records check is required.
How to Apply
To apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1239137