Applications due 02/24/18
OC Riptide Aquatics Swim – Assistant Coach Job Description (part time, hourly)
OC Riptide Aquatics Swim Team (RIPT) is seeking a motivated and committed individual to serve as Assistant Coach. Our mission at RIPT is to provide young athletes a competitive swimming program that will inspire them to achieve their highest potential in and out of the pool. We work with the youth of Huntington Beach and surrounding cities to provide a solid foundation in stroke development and support their growth throughout all levels of aquatic competition. As an organization that is community driven with amazing coaches, motivated athletes, and dedicated parent participation, the experience with RIPT produces young people who are model athletes and citizens for our communities. The team is a well-established, Board managed team with approximately 200 swimmers. RIPT trains at a beautiful 50 meter outdoor swimming pool in the Huntington Beach Union High School District.
- Work closely with the Head Coach to support and promote the philosophy and training plan for participation and competition of all swimmers in assigned groups.
- Maintain a safe, friendly, positive and productive athletic environment that promotes hard work, self-discipline, good sportsmanship and respect for self and others.
- Teach, train and motivate swimmers to achieve their mental and physical potential using age and experience appropriate techniques as directed by the Head Coach.
- Set up and break down all equipment before and after practices.
- Must be available to coach between 4 and 8pm Mon- Fri plus weekend competitions and morning practices during the summer.
- Maintain accurate daily records including attendance, maintenance requests and/or incident reports.
- Prepare training plans, and effectively coach to the skill standards set forth by the Head Coach for all assigned training groups.
- Attend all assigned competitions and training sessions – generally 1-2 weekend meets per month.
- Actively promote RIPT through attendance to all social and fundraising events- generally 1-2 per quarter.
- Complete any additional projects and/or assignments as directed by the Head Coach.
- 2-3 years of swim coaching and/or teaching experience preferred.
- ASCA Membership and Certification required (can be completed during 1st year of employment).
- A.R.C. or equivalent Lifeguard certification preferred.
- A.R.C. or equivalent CPR, First Aid, and Safety Training required by time of employment.
- Candidates must submit to a background check and be free of felonies or any crimes related to abuse or sexual misconduct.
- Passion and enthusiasm for competitive swimming and the ability to build relationships with swimmers at all skill levels
- Hourly – commensurate with experience
- Opportunities for additional work teaching lessons, summer programming, and/or masters adults also available
How to Apply
Please send resume, cover letter, and three professional references to [email protected]
Alec Raley - Head Coach
6771 Warner Ave. #2027
Huntington Beach, Ca 92647