Location: Hightstown, NJ 08520, USA
The Peddie Aquatic Center at The Peddie School seeks an Aquatics Director. The Peddie Aquatic Center provides optimal training conditions for the school’s competitive swimmers and offers a variety of programs for the local community.
The Aquatics Director works closely with the school administration to ensure that all programming, budgets, operational safety and licensing are up to code and Peddie School standards. The director will work to ensure all aquatics programs represent the school philosophy and meet the mission of the school. The goals of all Aquatic Center programming is to provide a rewarding experience for each participant, to provide access to both Peddie students and the local community and to demonstrate excellence in the aquatics field.
- Operational management of all aquatic programs
- Staffing, training and oversight of:
- office manager
- lifeguards and duties regarding open swim
- supervisors, instructors, administrators and assistant instructors for lessons and water aerobics
- safety school
- use of pool by outside programs
- Peddie School functions including swim meets, student swim parties, student swim time and other school activities centered around the pool
- Peddie School aquatic physical activity programs including swimming P.A. and lifeguarding classes
- Financial management of all aquatic programs
- Implementation, enforcement and record-keeping of general pool safety
- CPO/pool maintenance
- Minimum certifications required upon hiring:
- Lifeguard certification
- Pool director certification
- Certified pool operator or aquatic facility operator
- Additional preferred certifications
- Lifeguard instructor certification
- Water safety instructor certification
How to Apply
Qualified applications should submit cover letter and resume to Michael McKitish, Assistant Head for Finance and Operations, at [email protected].