GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Aquatics Director is an exempt position whose primary responsibility is the financial success of the Aquatics Program through the on-going creation and/or development of staff, programs, services and facilities. The Aquatics Director will provide leadership to aquatics Associates to ensure that member needs are met and that the experience delivered surpasses expectations. The Aquatics Director will be required on a daily basis to exercise discretion and independent judgment in ensuring that the Aquatics Program is successful and that the aquatics Associates are adequately developed.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Hires, trains, supervises, develops, and terminates the employment of those supervised in accordance with company polices and directives
- Performs timely performance evaluations on Associates.
- Compiles comprehensive reports regarding performance of Associates.
- Responsible for implementation of all laws, regulations and policies regarding, employment practices, safety rules and all other company policies and procedures
- Oversee day-to-day aquatic operations run smoothly and efficiently through a visible management presence and leadership.
- Process, review and submit payroll for all aquatics staff
- Act as club and/or regional Manager on Duty, as required
- The creation, development and implementation of programming for aquatics center including recreational, educational and fitness programming for all ages and abilities. Also includes responsibility for swim team, swim instruction, swim programming, masters and water aerobics.
- Develop and introduce new services and programs on an ongoing basis; track utilization including capacity/availability, male/female, member/non-member, etc.
- Aquatics operations including customer service, communication, marketing, purchasing, program development, implementation and evaluation
- Daily walk through of the aquatics areas to ensure a clean, organized, safe, and well maintained facility, paying special attention to cleanliness, service delivery, and member interaction
- Manage financial performance of the aquatic program through achievement of sales and revenue targets, expense management, proper planning and forecasting, and retention
- Track, report and analyze the details of financial operation
- Prepare and implement action plans to meet or exceed monthly financial goals
- Assist club management in development of annual operating and capital budgets, as well as long term growth strategy
- Review applicable financial statements and reports
Communication and Relationships
- Effectively and professionally interacts and communicates with senior management, managers, other Associates, vendors, members, senior staff, and guests.
- Promote harmonious relations among members, staff, vendors, and the community at-large.
- Communicate timely and follow up, as appropriate.
- Active participation in required events, required programs, required meetings and required trainings.
Corporate Goals & Objectives
- Promote the company’s safety goals and actively work towards ensuring a safe working environment.
- Interpret and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Actively further Aquatics objectives and continuously support improvement and positive change, which includes participating on corporate designated committees to improve the company and business operations.
- Make professional development a consistent priority.
- Active participation in meetings and training programs
- Flexibility in work schedule, as job may require day and evening shifts, weekends and holidays
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Swim Technique – Knowledge regarding how to teach proper swim technique and able to teach all ages
- Learn-to-swim – Current with research in learn-to-swim skills, competitive swim techniques and childhood development
- Policies and Regulations — Knowledge of company polices, federal, state and local laws, government regulations and agency rules that pertain to properties managed.
- Management of Personnel Resources — Knowledge of principles and procedures for legally identifying the best people for the job, hiring, motivating, developing and directing people as they work.
- Management of Financial Resources — Basic knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices for creating a realistic budget, banking, understanding financial reports and the ability to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, and sales techniques.
- Problem Anticipation/ Deductive Reasoning — Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and then apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems and considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Written Comprehension and Expression — Ability to read, understand and communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension and Expression —Ability to understand and communicate so others can understand ideas and information.
- Computer – Ability to develop and maintain computer records in MS Office programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook and other software required by TBCC and regulatory agencies. Ability to utilize Aquatics software programs.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCTION
- Current CPR, First Aid and AED Certifications
- Minimum of 5 years prior Aquatics management experience
- Minimum three (3) years previous supervisory experience in customer service preferred
- Demonstrated ability to support and develop diverse environment.
- Lifeguard Instructor preferred
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) preferred
- Current Red Cross Lifeguard Certification, WSI preferred
How to Apply
Email resume to [email protected]
Bay Club Redwood Shores
200 Redwood Shores Pkwy, Redwood City