Date posted: September 30, 2021
Location: 1526 University Boulevard, Anderson, IN, USA
Anderson University (IN) seeks a graduate assistant in the sport of Swimming & Diving for the 2021 – 2022 academic year.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recruiting qualified student-athletes who are the “right fit” and desire a faith based educational experience
- Use of recruiting software
- Assist with all aspects of practice and game preparation as assigned by the head coach
- Monitoring student-athletes’ academic progress and conducting team study tables
- Assisting with the day-to-day office operations and administrative tasks
- Qualified candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree; previous collegiate playing or coaching experience preferred
- Commitment to University mission and Christian lifestyle.
- Admittance to Master’s program at Anderson University.
- Complete and pass required background check.
- The graduate assistant must meet University lifestyle expectations, GPA requirements and work responsibilities to be reappointed for the 2022-23 academic year.
- 10-month work period: August – May
Benefits: Tuition waiver for a Master’s Degree (graduate programs in business and theology), $5500 per year stipend paid bi-weekly over 10 months, campus housing, upon availability, and shared with other GAs. Graduate Assistants receive the remitted tuition benefit of 100%. This is a tuition waiver of up to $5,250 per year that is not taxable; tuition beyond this amount is taxable. Pre-requisite courses taken at Anderson University, the MBA Technology Fee, the SOT Community Fee and the Graduate Fee are covered by the tuition waiver.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and AU Staff employment application to [email protected]. Final candidates are expected to provide an official transcript. Persons with an application on file or qualified university employees may submit a letter of interest to [email protected]. Current employees are also expected to notify their supervisor of interest in this position. Background check is required.