Courtesy: Indiana Athletics
ANN ARBOR, Mich. – The No. 13-ranked Indiana University water polo team defeated Salem, 15-5, in the Michigan Invitational in Ann Arbor, Mich. on Sunday afternoon.
With the victory, the Hoosiers improve to 6-1 on the season, while Salem falls to 2-6 on the year.
- For the fifth time in her career, junior Izzy Mandema netted five goals for the Hoosiers to lead the offensive effort.
- Classmate Tina Doherty had two goals and three steals in the win, while sophomore Lanna Debow also scored twice.
- In goal, junior Sarah Greeven earned the victory, making seven saves with one steal.
- Also scoring goals for the Hoosiers were sophomore Robyn Greenslade, sophomore Zoe Crouch, sophomore Katherine Hawkins, junior Lauren Etnyre, freshman Sophie Wazzan and freshman Kallie White.
- Indiana improved to 8-0 in the overall series with Salem, including a 3-0 mark this season. In the three wins this year, IU out-scored Salem, 49-15.
- Wazzan’s goal was the first of her collegiate career.
- Crouch matched her career-best with two steals, while Etnyre also matched hers with four against Salem.
- The Hoosiers will close out action in the Michigan Invitational with a game against the host No. 6-ranked Wolverines at 6:00 p.m. ET in Ann Arbor on Sunday, Feb. 21.