2018 JR. PAN PACIFIC SWIMMING CHAMPIONSHIPS
- August 23rd-26th, 2018
- Suva, Fiji
- Live Results/Psychs
- USA Swimming Meet Landing Page (with daily heat sheets)
- 5 Storylines to Watch at the 2018 Jr. Pan Pacs
- Full Meet Information and Schedule Document
- Live Stream (free, open)
16-year old Gabe Mastromatteo enhanced his status as Canada’s fastest-ever junior breaststroker on Friday at the 2018 Junior Pan Pac Championships by breaking his own 15-17 National Age Group Record in the 100 long course meter breaststroke.
Mastromatteo swam a 1:01.27 in the final, which undercut his prelims time by more than a second and beat American Daniel Roy to the wall by 6-tenths.
The swim also clipped Masstromatteo’s own National Age Record of 1:01.33, which he did at Canadian Nationals in April of this year.
He actually set the record at last year’s World Junior Championships as well, when he was only 15, in 1:01.64. Before him, the record belonged to Warren Mayer, who swam 1:02.02 at the 2016 Junior Pan Pacs
- Mastromatteo (April Record) – 28.92/32.41 = 1:01.33
- Masstromatteo (New Record) – 28.71/32.56 = 1:01.27
Mastromatteo swims for Kenora Swimming in far Western Ontario.