2017 MEN’S NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Wednesday, March 22 – Saturday, March 25
- IUPUI Natatorium – Indianapolis, IN
- Prelims 10AM/Finals 6PM (Eastern Time)
- Defending Champion: Texas (results)
- Championship Central
- Psych Sheet
- Live stream: Wednesday/Thursday Prelims & Finals, Friday/Saturday Prelims / Friday/Saturday finals on ESPN3
- Event Previews
- Live Results
- Thursday Morning Heat Sheet
Caeleb Dressel blasted the 4th-fastest relay split all-time to open the session, then hit the #6 50 free all-time late in the morning session Thursday at NCAAs.
Dressel was 18.38 to lead heats of the 50 free, pushing to #6 all-time. Dressel now owns the top 8 times in history in the event, and is .08 faster than any other swimmer in history.
Dressel owns 9 of the top 10 all-time, and could push former U.S. Open record-holder Cesar Cielo back to 10th if he goes faster than 18.47 tonight.
Dressel’s prelims swim also had the added effect of bumping his Olympic teammate Ryan Held back to 12th. Held hit the #11 time all-time with his 18.58 leading off the 200 free relay earlier this morning.
Here’s a look at the top 10 swims off all-time in this event:
Men’s 50y Free – Top Swims All-Time