Reported by James Sutherland.
WOMEN’S 100 FLY FINAL
- World Junior Record: 56.46, Penny Oleksiak (CAN), 2016
- Meet Record: 58.59, Dakota Luther, 2017
- Coleen Gillilan, FAST, 59.01
- Claire Curzan, TAC, 59.85
- Justina Kozan, BREA, 59.89
Coleen Gillilan blasted out to a big lead on the opening 50 of the women’s 100 fly, turning in 27.46, and gave nothing up coming home to win in a new best time of 59.01. She swam a lifetime best of 59.40 in the prelims, and now moves into a tie for 8th in the 17-18 age group all-time.
Also making an impact in the age group rankings were 2nd and 3rd place finishers Claire Curzanand Justina Kozan, both 14. Curzan touched in 59.85, lowering her previous best of 1:00.01 and moving past Kozan for 5th all-time among 13-14s. Kozan scored a PB herself in 59.89, but falls to 6th with Curzan’s swim. Curzan pulled out the 2nd place finish from lane 8.