2016 RIO PARALYMPIC GAMES
- Wednesday, September 7 – Sunday, September 18, 2016
- Swimming: Thursday, September 8 – Saturday, September 17, 2016
- Olympic Aquatics Stadium, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Prelims 9:30 AM / Finals 5:30 PM (local time)
- IPC World Records
- Live stream links: NBC / IPC
China and Ukraine have begun to pull away from the field in gold and total swimming medals at the 2016 Paralympics.
China added 5 more golds to rise to 9 overall, plus 11 silver and 5 bronzes. China’s 5 golds on day 2 are more than any other team in the competition has total, tying the 5 put up by Ukraine for second in the current medal table.
In fact, two events (the men’s 100 fly S8 and men’s 50 fly S6) were swept by China in 1-2-3 finishes.
Ukraine wasn’t far behind on Friday, taking 4 golds and rising to 16 total medals. Great Britain is still in third, but the United States is also on the move. The U.S. trails Great Britain by 5 in the total medal count, but got its second gold on day 2 from McKenzie Coan. Coan won the women’s 50 free S7. Great Britain added one gold, courtesy of Ellie Robinson in the women’s 50 fly S6.
Medal Table Through Day 2