2021 U.S. OLYMPIC SWIMMING TRIALS
- Wave I Dates: June 4-7, 2021
- Wave II Dates: June 13-20, 2021
- Prelims: 10am CDT | Finals: 7pm CDT (8PM finals on Friday & Saturday)
- Where: CHI Health Center / Omaha, Nebraska
- 2021 U.S. Olympic Trials Qualifying Cuts
- Wave I & II Event Order
- LCM (50m)
- Day 6 Finals Live Stream
- Psych Sheets
- Wave II Live Results
- Day 6 Finals Heat Sheet
Reported by James Sutherland.
MEN’S 200 IM FINAL
- World Record: Ryan Lochte (USA) – 1:54.00 (2011)
- American Record: Ryan Lochte – 1:54.00 (2011)
- US Open Record: Ryan Lochte (USA) – 1:54.56 (2009)
- World Junior Record: Hubert Kos (HUN) – 1:56.99 (2021)
- 2016 Olympic Champion: Michael Phelps (USA) – 1:54.66
- 2016 US Olympic Trials Champion: Michael Phelps – 1:55.91
- Wave I Cut: 2:04.09
- Wave II Cut: 2:03.02
- FINA ‘A’ Cut: 1:59.67
Michael Andrew delivered almost the exact same swim we saw from him last night, except this time it was done with the pressure on.
Andrew blitzed the field on the first 50, out in 23.77, and had subsequent splits of 29.29 and 32.29 on back and breast, putting him five one-hundredths shy of his 150 pace compared to last night.
The 22-year-old was way ahead of the field at that point, more than two and a half seconds, and despite laboring over the final few strokes, he won by over a second and a half in 1:55.44, just off his PB of 1:55.26 from last night.
That adds a second individual event for Andrew in Tokyo, having won the 100 breast early in the meet, and he’ll look to add a third in the 50 free.
Chase Kalisz moved up from fifth at the 100 to second with 50 meters to go, joining Andrew sub-33 on breast in 32.77, as he locks in a second event of his won at the Games with a runner-up finish in 1:56.97.