Courtesy of Cal Swimming and Diving:
UC Berkeley Head Swim Coach, Dave Durden, breaks down the Triple Distance Meet.
Cal and rival Standford will face-off today at 2pm PST at the Spieker Aquatics Complex. The meet will not register on either team’s dual meet record.
Swimmers divide up into groups.
Each group of swimmers race in ” event domains”:
– sprinters race 50, 100, 200 freestyle
– distance guys race 200, 500 and 1000 freestyle
– butterflyers race 50, 100 and 200 fly
– breaststrokers race 50, 100 and 200 breast
– backstrokers race 50, 100 and 200 back
– IMers race 100, 200 and 400 IM
Winners will be recognized in each domain as the swimmers with the fastest times overall from the three events.
Cal and Stanford won’t officially face-off until Feburary 22nd at Stanford’s Avery Aquatics Center.