7th FINA World Junior Swimming Championships 2019
- 50-Meter Course
- Duna Arena, Budapest (Hungary)
- Pool swimming: Tuesday, August 20 – Sunday, August 25, 2019
- Heats 9:30am GMT+2 (3:30 am EDT / 12:30 am PDT)/ Semifinals and Finals 5:30pm GMT+2 (11:30am EDT / 8:30am PDT)
- Meet site
- Entries book
- FinaTV Live Stream (subscription required)
- Live results
Thursday, 22 August 2019
15-year-old Aleksandra Sabitova of Russia has pulled out of heats of the women’s 50 fly on Thursday morning. She was seeded 16th with 27.38. She also scratched prelims of the 200 fly on Wednesday morning, where she had been seeded 22nd with 2:17.95. Sabitova was entered in five individual events in Budapest: 50/100 free and 50/100/200 fly.
Israel’s Anastasia Gorbenko scratched both the 100 breast where she was seeded 13th seed with 1:09.28, and the 200 back where she was entered with the 14th time (2:13.63). Daria Vaskina of Russia, bronze medalist in the 100 back on Wednesday (1:00.02), also pulled out of heats of the 200 back. She was seeded 18th with a time of 2:14.26.
A handful of swimmers chose not to swim in heats of the 800m freestyle. The eight fastest seeds will swim in the evening heat during finals. In the second- and third-fastest heats, slated to run at the end of the morning session, there will be four absences: Greece’s Konstantinos Englezakis (8:04.77), Bulgaria’s Yordan Yanchev (8:06.41), Milan Fabian of Hungary (8:08.58), and Mert Kilavuz of Turkey (8:08.97).
Thursday morning’s events:
- Women’s 50m Butterfly – prelims
- Men’s 50m Backstroke – prelims
- Women’s 100m Breaststroke – prelims
- Men’s 50m Freestyle – prelims
- Women’s 200m Backstroke – prelims
- Mixed 4x 100m Freestyle – prelims
- Men’s 800m Freestyle – slow heats
Heats begin at 9:30 a.m. local time in Budapest (3:30 EDT / 12:30 PDT).