2021 NCAA WOMEN’S SWIMMING & DIVING CHAMPIONSHIPS
- When: Wednesday, March 17 – Saturday, March 20, 2021
- Where: Greensboro Aquatic Center / Greensboro, NC (Eastern Time Zone)
- Prelims 10 AM / Finals 6 PM (Local Time)
- Short course yards (SCY) format
- Defending champion: Stanford (3x) – 2019 results
- Streaming: ESPN3
- Championship Central
- Psych Sheets
- Live Results – Swimming
- Live Results – Diving
- Day 2 Prelims Heat Sheet
Michigan junior Olivia Carter is the lone swimmer seeded inside the top 24 to scratch out of Day 2 prelims at the 2021 Women’s NCAA Championships (that we didn’t previously know about), dropping the 200 IM as the 20th seed.
Carter was entered with her time of 1:56.32 from last month’s Big Ten Championships where she finished third. That marked her second-fastest performance ever, having gone 1:55.78 at the 2019 SECs (Carter transferred from Georgia to Michigan in January 2020).
Carter did race on the Wolverines’ 800 free relay on Wednesday night (replacing Kathryn Ackerman from the Big Ten lineup), splitting 1:45.44 on the third leg as the team finished 10th in 7:01.81.
Carter is entered to race the 100 fly on Day 3 (seeded eighth) and the 200 fly on Day 4 (seeded third). The 20-year-old won the Big Ten title in the 200 fly in February and placed second in the 100 fly.
NC State’s Sophie Hansson, one of the favorites in both the 100 and 200 breaststroke on Days 3 and 4, is also out of the 50 free as the 45th seed. Rajic, Podmanikova and Hansson are all pure breaststrokers who will skip their “off” event and save up for the breast individuals and the medley relays.
Hoosier freshman Ella Ristic, the 22nd seed in the 500 free, remains on the heat sheets despite missing the 800 free relay due to being in concussion protocol. Indiana is hopeful Ristic will be cleared in time to race the 500.
DAY 2 SCRATCHES
- 47. Luciana Thomas, Notre Dame (JR), 4:45.47
- 48. Emma Atkinson, VA Tech (FR), 4:45.66
- 51. Amanda Ray, Florida (FR), 4:45.79
- 53. Jaclyn Hill, Kentucky (SR), 4:46.07
- 55. Nikki Miller, Florida (SR), 4:46.52
- 20. Olivia Carter, Michigan (JR), 1:56.32
- 33. Coleen Gillilan, Notre Dame (SO), 1:57.21
- 52. Andrea Podmanikova, NC State (JR), 1:58.39
- 58. Ema Rajic, Cal (JR), 1:58.93
- 62. Jodi Ogle, Kentucky (SO), 1:59.16
- 65. Lillie Hosack, Wisconsin (JR), 1:59.40
- 67. Kelsey Drake, Iowa (SR), 1:59.47