TYR DERBY PRO SWIM MEET
- April 26, 2019
- 6:30pm ET
- Louisville, KY
- 50 free shoot-out style
- Results on Meet Mobile under ‘TYR Derby Pro Swim Meet’
- Meet page
Reported by Karl Ortegon.
Tonight’s TYR Derby Pro meet will feature eight women and eight men racing shoot-out style.
HOW IT WORKS
Eight women and eight men will square off in a 50 free long course. The field will get smaller through three rounds until a winner is crowned. Here’s a full breakdown of the rounds:
- PRELIMS – eight men and eight women will race a 50 free, with the slowest two getting eliminated.
- SEMIFINALS – six men and six women will race a 50 free, with the slowest two getting eliminated.
- FINALS – four men and four women will race a 50 free for the TYR Derby titles on the men’s and women’s sides
NOTE: PRELIMS STARTED JUST BEFORE 7PM ET
- Margo Geer – 25.14
- Mallory Comerford – 25.18
- Isabella Arcila/Kendyl Stewart – 25.40
- Madison Kennedy – 25.51
- Amy Bilquist – 25.54
Lia Neal – 25.66 Farida Osman – 25.69
Isabella Arcila and Kendyl Stewart tied at 25.40 for 2nd, with Stewart hitting a lifetime best. Her previous best was a 25.58 from the Speedo Grand Challenge in May of 2016.
- Bruno Fratus – 22.25
- Michael Chadwick – 22.40
- Ryan Held – 22.48
- Ali Khalafalla – 22.49
- Dylan Carter – 22.50
- Shinri Shiouri – 22.63
Zach Apple – 22.81 Roland Schoeman – 22.88