Promoting his new reality series on E!, What Would Ryan Lochte Do, the 11-time Olympic medalist sat down with late night anchor David Letterman.
Out of this Letterman interview certain nuggets of truth were learned:
- IM means you swim every stroke in one race.
- Michael Phelps probably retired because of too much swimmer’s ear.
- A medley is also an opportunity to sing.
- “My god, you were in 3 Olympics! Were you aware of that,” asked Letterman? Lochte nodded yes.
- Lochte won silver in the 6-hour treading water competition.
- If Letterman had a pool, what would Lochte do? Answer: break records
- Letterman thought gymnastics was the most-watched Olympic sport.
- If Lochte’s coaches had it their way, he’d be encased in bubble wrap.